90th Community Campaign Kickoff
August 24th, 2011
UNITED WAY’s 90th COMMUNITY CAMPAIGN KICKOFF
When: Thursday, August 25, Noon to 1 p.m. (seating begins at 11:30 a.m.)
Where: Chattanooga Trade and Convention Center
- United Way of Greater Chattanooga kick off its 90th community campaign on Tuesday, August 24, with a luncheon at the Trade and Convention Center.
- 2011 Campaign Chair Tom Glenn, President of ACE Hardware of East Tennessee and Northwest Georgia, will announce the new campaign goal.
- Jim Conway – author, educator, consultant, speaker and trainer – will deliver the Campaign Kickoff keynote address. Mr. Conway works with organizations and communities interested in building Developmental Assets for and with youth, starting community-wide initiatives, and creating organizational and community change on behalf of youth.
- United Way will also be asking guests to Stuff the Bus for Education that day. Collection boxes for school supplies will be set up at the entrances to the ballroom.
- United Way will debut a new video and highlight the impact areas and actions on which it focuses its work: education, stability, and support in our communities.
- CONTACT: If members of the media need more advance information about this event, or you want to schedule interviews with Tom Glenn or Jim Conway in advance of the luncheon that same day, please call Kelley Nave with United Way of Greater Chattanooga at 752-0322 or 304-3579 (cell).
Note: According to our records United Way’s 1st campaign was held fall of 1922, after its original charter date of Sept. 11. So this year is our 90th campaign, but next year is United Way of Greater Chattanooga’s 90th anniversary.
Posted by Kelley Nave
Leave a comment: